I thought for fun this morning I would ask my Facebook friends what they wanted to know about me. I figured day in and day out they read my randomness so in return I would let them ask me some questions. Then I made the mistake of putting myself under pressure to answer their questions in a logical post in less than two hours. This could be interesting. Here we go:
1. Are you married, have kids, go to school, a millionaire? (Someone is new here) Yes I am married to Farmer Bob, 15 years and counting. We produced five kids in eight years and my uterus is now in retirement. I went to school for many years. I started when I was five and finally finished at the age of twenty-two. We are not millionaires, we are farmers.
2. What state are you from? We live in Kansas where we were both born and raised. We have had stints in North Carolina and Texas, but there really is “no place like home”.
3. When you were little, what did you think a Mom’s job was? It’s hard to remember that long ago, I just know that my mom always had food on the table, clean clothes for me to wear, and an “I love you” to send my way anytime she could fit it into conversation.
4. What are your primary concerns for your life? This is a tough one. I would have to say not being here for my kids. Worse yet, losing a child.
5. How did you come to the decision that four kids was something you could handle? Four wasn’t an issue, but it is a good thing we had number five before we realized the full potential of number four. Oofta.
6. Have you added to your tattoo collection? Not yet, but my birthday is coming up and I have ideas.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up? If you could choose a different career now, what would it be? Do you work outside of the home? For the longest time I wanted to be an Astronaut. Then my eyesight went to hell and I realized that I suck at math so that wasn’t going to work. It was then I decided that in a classroom was where I needed to be. Then I had kids and I knew what I was really meant to be. I work from home in my pajamas which is perfect for me. Now I just need to grow up I suppose.
8. Since you have Johnny for a boyfriend, does Farmer Bob have a girlfriend? If he does, he keeps her a secret which I find incredibly frustrating . I am very open with him about Johnny and I’s relationship, I think it would only be fair for him to enlighten me a bit. I try to tell him that I wouldn’t be jealous, but being the nice guy he is he swears there is no other. I start to feel guilty for a bit and then I look at Farmer Bob, and I look at Johnny, and realize how freaking lucky I am to have two hot guys in my life.
9. Who is your favorite person that you road-tripped to Florida with for Spring Break in 1996? The same sorority sister that I swiped Farmer Bob from. At first I was afraid that it was a trap and that I wouldn’t return back home intact, but it turned out to be a pretty awesome trip.
10. If you could go back in time, would you change anything? No. Things happen to us for a reason, it is what makes us who we are. If I changed anything I would run the risk of not being the person/wife/mother that I am today.
11. Are you always so upbeat and funny? Hell no. I have those certain days during the month (you ladies know what I mean) in which I hate people. Not you people, but those assholes that find it necessary to irritate the crap out of me. Like that time I mentioned something about taking my kids to Vacation Bible School. Remember that? No? Well catch up here. Good times.
12. What is your favorite meal? Mmmm…give me some homemade Chicken and Noodles with mashed potatoes and corn. Heavenly.
13. What is the biggest pet peeve or annoying thing the kids do that makes you wanna put your shoe up their lil arses but once the moment has passed you wouldn’t trade all that frustration, aggravation & insanity for anything? Right now, whining. It is like fingernails on a damn chalkboard and makes me want to duct tape all their little mouths shut. Instead I use the same voice right back to them and they grunt and roll their eyes at me. It brings me great joy.
14. What are you wearing? Bow chicka wow wow…I’m wearing an old t-shirt and black fleece sweat pants. Don’t be jealous of my awesome fashion choices. At least I have on a bra and I even squeezed in a shower.
15. This is going to be one big joint question/answer session for my friend Joni… Alpacas? No, we have sheep. Eggs? Fried or scrambled. I don’t discriminate based on color. Guilty pleasures? You have to ask? I know you have seen my boyfriend. Missed a plane? Nope. Morning or night? Night owl. Pets? Mini-Me recently took on a rabbit. I lost my pooch a year ago and my heart isn’t ready for another one yet. Favorite beverage: In the morning, coffee. Afternoon, Diet Dr. Pepper. Evening, Wine. Do you like your name? Do I have a choice? Neat freak or slob? In the middle. I lean toward neatness. Shoe size? 10. I have, as my granny used to say, a “firm foundation”. TP over or under? Since I’m the only one that knows how to change it, over. Side of bed? Left. Can you drive a stick? <giggles> Yes. Wanna be my friend? This is up for debate. Right now I have my reservations. I may be just a tad frightened.
Someone asked me about blogging advice. I will have an entire post on that next week in honor of the day that I wrote my very first blog post one year ago. Oh boy the things I have learned. I even recruited some friends to help me with it so it will be a good one. There is no way I could write something like that all on my own. In the meantime you can read this one here to get you by.
Thanks for playing along, it has been fun! Have a great weekend and we will see you back here on Monday! xoxo