I was tagged by The Hubs last week to do this post full of obscure and weird stuff all about me. If you don’t know The Hubs, he is the other half of my friend Jen at People I Want to Punch in the Throat. I’m not gonna start the discussion as to who is the “better” half, but since I was lucky enough to have lunch with Jen last week and The Hubs did not join her, I award her the points. Now, onto this post. I am supposed to give you guys some random facts about myself so that you get to know me better. Let us see…
1. I hate chewing gum. To quote my dear Johnny in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; “Chewing gum is really gross. Chewing gum I hate the most.” (You know I can’t do a post like this without mentioning him just once). I will occasionally chew on a piece just long enough to get whatever nasty taste is in my mouth to disappear then I spit it out the car window or throw it into the nearest bush.
Oh, wait, I mean I will discreetly place it in a tissue and dispose of it in a proper receptacle. Not only do I not like to chew it, I hate to watch and listen to other people chew it as well. The popping and chomping and smacking. Not to mention when the littles get that crap all over their face, usually the super bubble nasty ass gum that you have to remove with steel wool. I particularly enjoyed it when Mouse decided to save her gum for later a la Violet Beauregarde, and stuck it right on her neck. At the hairline. That went over real well. There were scissors involved, and lots of tears.
2. I sing. All. The. Time. If I’m not singing out loud, there is music going in my head. I would rather have music playing than have the television on. If there is quiet time, the music in my head turns on. It’s like radio station in my head all day, every day. It doesn’t even matter what it is, Metallica, The Moody Blues, Nirvana, The Dixie Chicks, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. I don’t care, I’m the one singing it so it’s up to you if want to listen or not.
3. I have a fear of losing my kids via drowning in the car. Totally random I know, especially since I don’t live anywhere near a big body of water. I occasionally have horrible dreams about driving with the kids strapped into their car seats and we go off the road into a river or lake and I can’t get them out. I hate the totally helpless feeling that I wake up with, not to mention the heart palpitations, and I always have to get up and check on every single little head. I will probably have nightmares tonight after just typing this short little paragraph. Great.
4. I love peanut butter and butter sandwiches. I don’t know what it is about the creamy deliciousness of the peanut butter and butter put together, but slather it on thick and I’m happy.
5. I can speak a little bit of German and a little bit of Spanish. The problem here is that I have been known to mix them together. This is never good when you are in a quaint little German village and you are asking a cute little shop owner if they have that tablecloth in “rojo”. Oops. Throw in a couple bottles of wine at a village Wine fest and I’m screwed. ”English, por favor.”
6. At one time I could play every woodwind instrument, and I could do it well. Not all at once of course, so don’t be a smarty pants. My first two years at Kansas State I was a music major on scholarship, then I broke my poor parents’ hearts and changed my major like every good college student does. What goes around, comes around however as Mini-me started band this year and chose…are you ready for this? The freaking trombone. Heartbroken. Not that the trombone isn’t great and all, but it is a BRASS instrument. BRASS. Ugh.
7. I have a hard time coming up with random and obscure things about me. Maybe I just don’t think of myself as random and obscure? Maybe I just write about myself too much? I mean I did this post about myself, and then there was this one about my inability to be a pioneer woman , or this one about what I look like. We can’t forget my invite to Johnny Depp (still waiting Johnny, offer still stands *hint, hint*), or this one also all about me. There are more, but I’m starting to feel a little self-centered here. I promise I am not this self absorbed, I just suppose it is always easier to write about what you know the best. I don’t mind making myself look ridiculous if it makes someone laugh, so I guess that is why I do what I do.
I think I am supposed to tag other bloggers to do this, but instead I will just issue the challenge to anyone who wants to accept it. Look into yourself, what makes you…well, what makes you, YOU? Share it with me when you are done, you know I want to know about it.