I don’t know if you guys are acquainted with my friend Jen of People I Want to Punch in the Throat, but if you are not, WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU LIVE, UNDER A ROCK?? It was only after I spent hours upon hours reading her blog (thanks to a mutual friend sharing it via Facebook), that I decided to start this little project of my own. You heard it here, I had been debating it for months, but it was Jen who unknowingly pushed me into this blogging bit. If you want to blame someone for this, blame her. You can only imagine how surprised I was when she emailed me a while back and asked me to not only read her book (which I was going to do anyway), but to write my own review of it here on my blog. In return she would give me an autographed copy to give to one of you lovely people. For free. Of course I immediately responded to her with an over-exuberant YES, then immediately began pooping myself. What in the hell do you say about someone who you truly believe is all that and a bag of chips?
When trying to decide how in the hell I was going to write a post about her I kept coming back to my dear, sweet Johnny. I know, you are now rolling your eyes and screaming at your computer, “What in the hell Tara! Do you have to mention him in every post? This is supposed to be about Jen, not Johnny”! It has taken me weeks to write this post and in the end, I decided that in order for you to realize the magnitude of my adoration for Jen, this was the only logical path I could possibly take. In all reality, this post has nothing to do with my Johnny, I am merely using him as a point of comparison. The way I look at it, as much free publicity as I give him, he at least owes me this one post. For Jen. This is all for Jen. Back to Jen. Yes, Jen. Focus, regain the focus. Just one picture? Please just one picture? Hell, it’s my blog and I say just one picture.
|See, even Johnny is reading it!|
I started thinking about ways in which Jen and Johnny are similar and I was flabbergasted at the similarities:
- They have both had their brush with greatness. If you remember correctly, Johnny and I crossed paths back in September, and Jen and I crossed paths just a few short weeks ago. While I know it was difficult for both of them to let me go, they both understood that it must be done for the good of the YKIHAYHT family, and this blog. If I had run away with either one of them, it would have been devastating to tens of people, five of those being my littles, one being Farmer Bob, and maybe even my mom.
- They both have hundreds of thousands, some would say maybe even millions, of fans. I can totally see how this could have happened.
- They both have two kids, a girl and a boy. I will not turn this into a contest, but only two? Come on you guys.
- Johnny has recently opened his own publishing company. Jen recently self-published her own book. I read that he is looking for “lesser known” writers. Jen, I am sensing a window of opportunity here. I would be more than willing to help you further investigate this possibility. It would be hard work, and I am certain it would entail long private meetings and quaint private dinners involving bottles of expensive wine, but I would be willing to do it. For you of course. It’s all about you. I am just here to offer my assistance.
- Jen does in fact have a vagina, while Johnny I am certain, has a penis. I have seen them both in person and while they both did have pants on, I feel pretty confident making this statement.
- Jen was not afraid to meet me for lunch to sit and talk for a couple of hours. While I may have scared her slightly with all the yelling due to a plugged up ear, she sat there so pleasantly nodding and smiling giving no indication that she may be uncomfortable. Johnny on the other hand….I’m still waiting for that call/email/restraining order.
- Johnny makes blockbuster movies and millions of dollars, is able to jet set all over the world, and owns his own island. Jen writes an amazing blog, is one of the funniest people I know, yearns for a mini-van, and spends most of her quality time with The Hubs, Gomer, and Adolpha while keeping up residence in the great state of Kansas. All the cool people live in Kansas (or visit, or can even find it on a map), bet you never knew that.
- The biggest difference I have noticed is that Johnny, as far as I know, has not written an amazingly hilarious holiday book. Jen on the other hand, has not only written an amazingly hilarious holiday book, she self-published it and is promoting it all on her own.
If you don’t mind, could you please give me a vote over at Circle of Moms? I’m participating in their Top 25 Family Blogs and could really use your votes. Click here and click the vote button. When you are done, Jen is vying for Top Book Author Mom, so be sure to click here and vote for her as well. We both greatly appreciate all your support