Welcome back! I decided that this time we will try to give the place a little love with it being Valentine’s Day and all. While I am not a huge fan of the day myself, mainly because I don’t need a special day to tell Farmer Bob that he’s the apple of my eye, a lot of people dig it and I’m all about spreading the love. This time let’s all try to link up a post that we have written about love. It could be to your spouse, a certain celebrity that you have a fondness for (WHAT? Who does THAT????), or anyone else that you think is the bomb-diggity. Link up your one (and this time you can even go with two, just to change things up a bit) post all about love. Funny, sappy, it doesn’t matter…just do it.
What is a Bloghole?:
The idea for this blog hop came to me after a Twitter conversation a few months ago. After finding out that bloggers are tired of all the “rules” that come attached to other blog hops, I decided to make a place for bloggers to link up with no strings attached. You get to decide who you read, who you follow, what you like, with no pressure to follow back. Just in case you don’t remember, here are the few rules that I have established;
1. You are not required to follow anyone. This hop is for those of you that link up to gain real, true followers. As a matter of fact, I ask you not to follow if you are one of those people who will follow for a day then un-follow once that person has followed you back. If you don’t like my blog, that’s fine, I won’t have any hurt feelers about it. I understand that I am not for everyone, never have been and never will be. I would rather you not follow than follow and not read. Please, I beg you, only follow those blogs that you are really going to read on a regular basis. If you REALLY want to follow a blog, sign up for updates by email, that right there proves your long-term commitment.
2. After reading their entire post, leave a meaningful comment on those blogs that you do decide to follow. What do I mean by a “meaningful” comment? Here are some examples of what does NOT constitute a “meaningful” comment:
“By Anonymous; great post, I wrote one just like it, you can read it here <insert annoying self-promoting link here> .” (Um, you just left your website, I think I know who you are and that you, in fact, are NOT a genius.)
3. Spread this hop all over the interwebs. Tweet it, Facebook it, Pin it, Google + it. Why? Not because I want people to come here and read my stuff, well I guess I kind of do but I want them to come find YOU as well. This Hop is all about YOU. If people don’t know about this how will they know to;
2. Come here and find YOU and all the other great blogs to read.
4. Be sure to put your blog in the appropriate “category”. Don’t know exactly where you fit? Choose the ONE that is MOST fitting for YOU. I know some <ahem> parenting blogs are funny, some crafty blogs include food, find the one that MOST fits your blog. For example, I would put my own blog in the humor section because even though I write about parenting, I like to think my humor about it is what brings you all back. This makes it easier not just for you, but for readers as well. Let’s be honest, not every blog floats every person’s boat. If you don’t like DIY blogs, you don’t want to click on one. If you don’t like parenting blogs, or humor blogs, or giveaway blogs, or foodie blogs….you get the picture. Let’s just say I’m making it easy on you to find what YOU want to read. If you don’t see a category for you, put it in the “other” category. PLEASE let me know if there is a category I should add down in the comments below, I don’t want to leave anyone out!
So…here we go, find your category, link up your ONE, (only one please) favorite post from the past couple of weeks, read some other great blogs, and most importantly…DON’T BE A BLOGHOLE! Please only link up in ONE category. Suggestions are always welcome!